So there are a lot of childless people out there and older people who forget, that have many opinions on how to raise a child and about potty training. Seriously, someone needs to teach these people how to refrain from stupid comments. You know the ones that start with ”You never did that so I can’t help you” or “You can’t just stop potty training or your child will be just like everyone else trained at 3 or 4.” “Just tell her she is not a baby”…..Ummm thanks people. You can all go hang out with the people that tell me my daughter is a doll and so cute. Those people are the ones I am recruiting for babysitters …..
For those of you who know Emma, normal or just like everyone else are words I would never use to describe her. Can she go on the potty? Yup. Does she get the concept? Yup. The problem in my opinion, she is too freakin lazy. The kicker lately is that she seems to have given up napping. During this time in her room she has to go potty, then feels the need to remove her pull up or diaper by herself and make sure the potty gets all over her room. Could someone just shoot me now?! This combined with her ignoring me, not listening to a word I say and her favorite phrase “go away Mommy” has me physically restraining myself from reaching for the bottle of tequila at least 3 times a day. Since alcohol intake while watching children is generally frowned upon in society I have instead regressed down to her level by screaming right back at her. Unfortunately this usually just makes her get louder and the all out tantrum complete with kicking and hitting ensues.
So the next suggestion from the baby rearing powers that be is to remove yourself from the child and room for a few minutes. These geniuses forgot to add in a section on what to do if they follow you and can unlock and open doors? One of my friends hides in her pantry for a few minutes and like most kids, her child can not open the door. Not Emma. Oh no, she needs to follow me screaming the whole time and if I am luck enough to have a closed, unopenable door in front of me, proceeds to throw her little body against it in frustration.
How do you not kill your child? Pretend to cry. She then concentrates on making me fell better for a minute. Email or call people with kids or Get a bi-polar one like mine who is manipulative enough to hug me and tell me I am her best friend right before I reach boiling point.
Some of those older people mentioned in the first paragraph tell you that 2 is such a fun age. I think these people hit the bottle of tequila one too many times. Then they want to know when the next one is coming………
PS. I just picked up the little &^%$^&& room and she is destroying it (you know instead of NAPPING!)
No comments:
Post a Comment